Time: 2-3 hours
Effectiveness: Immediate and Long-term
When someone visits your website and leaves without calling, emailing or ordering something, they will likely never return. But you can chase them back on Facebook!
Facebook has a special invisible tracking pixel you can add to your website. When someone visits your website, their browser saves the pixel and Facebook can identify them for ads.
You can retarget your visitors as an “audience” when you create a Facebook Ad or Boost a well-engaged post. Specify “mobile-only” users for the best click-to-call/order response. Only these people will see your ad and your costs will be lower and better used. Use these steps and guidelines for an optimal ad campaign:
- Pixel your website
- Create a Facebook ad or Boost a post
- Choose “Website Traffic” as your ad’s audience.
- Start with a small $20 budget
- Point the ad to your online ordering system, not your website home page
- Make a variation of the ad to see which version gets more clicks
- Put more budget towards the better performing ad/post
Learn more at www.facebook.com/business/goals/retargeting
Your ad should entice these visitors to try your restaurant for the first time, so offer a valuable incentive. It doesn’t have to be a full discount – you could add something to their order like an extra dessert or free drinks.
Need advice or help to get started?
Book a free, no-obligation, 30-minute consultation call.